Course length: 6 weeks
Class times: Tuesdays @7:15pm // Saturdays @12:00pm
Class length: 1hr
Class size: a maximum of 3 dogs
Place: 180 West Regent Street, G2 4RW.
(*the classroom is only accessible through stairs)
Upcoming course start dates:
28th February & 4th March/ SIGN UP
In beginner classes we:
- work A LOT on focus and calm reactions around distractions
- learn calm greetings and alternative ways to greet new people (4 paws on the ground)
- focus on staying in contact whilst walking (stop & go, intro to heel)
- learn and "polish" stays (from a sit or down) with distance and triggers added
- develop your dog's impulse control
- learn and repeat (x100) recall practice
- learn "drop it" and what's the difference between it and "leave it"
- learn how to be the classiest and, most importantly fair, dog guardian
What to expect?
I always say that, as a coach, I need to teach and motivate the two-legged end of the lead before I have any hope for the other, so I'm over those days of cramping a bunch of new behaviours into one lesson and only brushing through the tactics of teaching them. We will normally have two main skills to work on in one class and we'll rehearse them repeatedly in a few different ways until you think it is easy peasy. Now, this is where the magic happens. When you know what and WHY you're doing it, when you feel confident because you have done it hundreds of times, you won't get lost and frustrated in real life situations and this is a huge win for me.
How does my membership work?
Your membership will start and stay valid for 6 weeks from the course start date. During that time you can pick one of the two class times every week (no need to attend at the same time every week!). Treat it as your gym membership! There is a limit of 3 dogs per class, so it works on a first come first served basis but we are keeping membership numbers low to ensure you are guaranteed a space at one of the classes every week.
My dog is reactive, are these classes good for us?
Unfortunately, these classes are not suitable to work on reactivity but, please, do not feel left out. If you are not sure or would like to discuss your options and see how we can help, get in touch.